We’re looking for a Packaging Team member (January 2022)
As a small-scale artisan cheese manufacturer we take pride in the quality of the products we produce. We strive to build a culture that is team focused, always improving and respectful and we are committed to helping you develop your skills and competencies. A skills-grid and on-going performance development allow you to see where you currently stand and what is required to take you up to the next level. We’re looking for a candidate that loves to learn and master new skills and your goals will include a commitment to error reduction and continuous improvement. Packaging team members are required to inspect, cut and package cheese. The ability to use a variety of equipment is required. Benefits include a Health Spending Account; training, development and job advancement; team atmosphere and cheese to take home.
Start Date: immediately
Hours: Full-time. Flexibility during slower periods of the year.
Previous Experience: None.
– Cut and package by hand and use a variety of tools including mechanical and electronic machinery
– Pack, wrap and move pallets with manual jack
– Clean-up of work space and equipment using FoodSafe practices
– Accuracy and attention to detail
– Ability to work to deadline on a tight schedule
– Ability to follow detailed procedures
– Ability to lift up to 25 lbs and stand for long periods
– Work as a member of a team
– Adaptability an asset
– Basic math
– Experience in food packaging or manufacturing an asset
– Lean Manufacturing experience or training an asset
– FoodSafe certificate an asset
Masks worn on-site