We’re looking for a Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for overseeing the development, application, and evaluation of HR strategies, programs, and policies. Their role is to improve current organizational practices by analyzing team performance and then making recommendations to ensure the workforce is engaged, thriving and working as a highly functioning team. The HR Manager should also work closely with the company’s internal leaders in order to have a thorough understanding of the company strategy, and how to best align performance management with the company’s mission and values.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
– Developing, implementing, evaluating, and improving the organization’s policies and procedures ensuring they align with all applicable requirements and laws.
– Devising and applying practices and strategies for talent acquisition in order to ensure the organization’s hiring needs and goals are met.
– Overseeing the recruitment process including creating and posting job openings, interviewing candidates, and on-boarding and orienting new employees.
– Devising and applying practices and strategies for onboarding new employees.
– Working with supervisors to ensure the training and development needs of the employees are being met.
– Coaching supervisors on current best practices to motivate and engage their team.
– Building programs that support the organization’s goal to increase employee performance and engagement.
– Distributing surveys and conducting periodical interviews to assess individual and team performance, as well as overall organizational engagement.
– Coordinating reward and recognition initiatives. and overseeing the organization of internal and external events.
– Administering disciplinary actions, sometimes through coaching and counselling, or by terminating employment, when necessary.
– Counselling internal leaders on all HR-related matters (e.g. employee relations, talent management, and career development planning).
– Overseeing exit interviews and implementing succession plan strategies to ensure smooth role transitions within the organization.
– Actively participating in health and safety initiatives, taking a lead role in safety optimization.
– Assisting with administrative functions where needed. These might include answering emails, answering incoming calls, entering and paying invoices, preparing cheese allocation, scheduling cheese pick-ups and deliveries, dealing with customer complaints and any other related activities.
Wage range: $25.25 – $29.25 per hour